Sign in to follow this  
srv1990

Rick Ankiel

Just wondering if anyone saw the two throws Ankiel made in tonight's game versus the Rockies?

HOLY COW!!!

Is it any wonder why he would have those meltdowns on the mound and start throwing the ball 10 feet over the catchers head and into the backstop netting?   ;D

Seriously, the kid always had a rocket launcher for an arm.  It's a shame he couldn't make it as a pitcher, he'd be a 20 game winner easy.  I guess he wasn't scouted right.  Glad to see his arm and bat taking care of business these days.  Good, likeable kid and a great story of a ball player re-inventing himself.  

Now if only we had another Ankiel to play left field ::)

I'd be happy if they tried out some left field Khoury leaguers.    ;D

I'd be happy if they tried out some left field Khoury leaguers. ;D

LMAO... Dunc sure has his struggles... If he's hitting you can (sort of) overlook his deficiencies in the field, but no hit AND no glove makes for a very bad combo. If it continues I have to believe we will see others (i.e. Barton, Ludwick) get more turns in left.

I'd be happy if they tried out some left field Khoury leaguers. ;D

LMAO... Dunc sure has his struggles... If he's hitting you can (sort of) overlook his deficiencies in the field, but no hit AND no glove makes for a very bad combo. If it continues I have to believe we will see others (i.e. Barton, Ludwick) get more turns in left.

Hopefully. The guy couldnt catch a cold.

RE: Rick Ankiel can anyone say Steroids???

On the serious side with all he has been through with the pitching thing it is good to see him make a nice comeback. This is coming from a Cubs fan no less so it is painful for me! LOL

I still say growing up and umpire for 20 years often your best athletes were your best hitters and pitchers as well.

I've often wondered if a Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle wasn't hidden away in the form of a pitcher???

Babe Ruth was a pitcher! at least for a while.

I saw the plays on Sportscenter's top 10 of the day. As a former outfielder, I really love quality throws and diving catches especially.

I hope the steroid allegations aren't true, he is an inspiring story.

Ankiel did use HGH before it was banned. I expect a Cubs fan to mention that. I'm sure all of their guys are clean.

Ankiel is a rare talent. Maybe the best arm in baseball. Taveras was in shock when he got gunned down last night.

I had the game on my DVR, and I've watched the play a few times (even in slow-mo). To me, Taveras was safe; but I don't think anyone will disagree when I say that it was a heck of a throw.