Sign in to follow this  
Hookemdown.

Just when you think you got rid of a guy...

I hit the jackpot.  

Two days ago was the last day of school and I was off work so I decided to go fishing this morning.  I walked into a local tackle shop just wanting to grab a few minnows and I came out with a job.  I'll have better hours and better pay than my last job.  Plus, I actually enjoy doing this.  

I started this morning at 7am. and I couldn't be more stoked.

This means I'll actually have time to do stuff with my friends during the summer.  It'll also give me the ability to hang around here a little bit more.

This may seem childish but...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ;D

i *** you. not only are you out of school like 2 and a half weeks before us but you also get to work at a tackle shop. have fun  :)

Good deal man!

I just got a new job position that fits my life better too,...it's gonna be a good summer and that's a goooood feeling.

Good luck at it buddy :)

Congrats on your new job.

There are a lot of guys who would love to do what you are going to be doing so do your best and make all of us on the Forum proud of you.

Try to meet the salesmen, too.  Get to know them over the summer.

They can be of enormous help to you after high school or college.

Good luck, and remember..."employee discount!"  ;)

I love my job. 30-35 hours a week. GREAT pay, I fish every Monday & Tuesday, and the schedule is very flexible. I love it!!

Congrats on the new job bro!

Ike ;) 8-)

Congrats on the new job! I sold fishing tackle for a living through college and it was great!! I've been in and mostly out for awhile, so I assume the pizza job played out. I hope it ended on good terms? Employee discounts are GREAT, meeting the reps is great, but the best is building new relationships with local anglers and finding out where all their honey holes are. ;)

Well, how'd your first day go?

Man you guys are lucky nobody is hiring in my neck of the woods. Even Wal mart and target and the crappy jobs are full. BUT best of luck to you in your new job and I just wanted to say that you thought the bait monkey was bad now, it will probably get worse. After all you live in his house now.

-searoach

This is a local shop owned by a nice elderly man.  His grandson used to run the place but he's moving.  Hence, he needed somebody to work the bait shop.  I guess I got lucky and was there at the right time.  The owner  has a convince store adjacent to the tackle shop, so I'm by myself and basically running the place.

Bass fishing isn't the biggest thing around here, it's mostly catfish and crappie fishing, so I'm mostly working with that kind of stuff.  Everything is silky smooth so far.

I work 7 on and 7 off, it works out great for fishing.  I can be out fishing in the middle of the week while most are working.

Congrats.  Sounds like the perfect fit for you.

I work 7 on and 7 off, it works out great for fishing. I can be out fishing in the middle of the week while most are working.

After college I managed a park here in SE WI; I was on the same schedule. I loved it, especially in the summer. Every other week was like a vacation. I would go north to my fam's cabin, fish for five days, and when I came home I still had a weekend to catch-up on yard work, pay bills, etc.

Good to here everything is going well Hook.