Sign in to follow this  
Big T

Cheap Gas(rant)

I stopped to top off my gas tank on my 16 john boat Tuesday, close to $20 on a six gallon tank. Went to the boat ramp at Snow's Cut, unloaded my boat ran about a mile down to Carolina Beach inlet, throttled down to anchor and my motor cut out.

Fished for a little while ran out of bait went to start the motor, nothing nada. Now here I was trying to use my trolling motor at the mouth of the inlet on out going tide. Anyway to make a long story short I had to spend close to $150 to get the carb removed cleaned and reinstalled.

The Yamaha dealer said that they had a influx of people who bought gas from a certain station were getting gas with water and trash in it.  One somewhat humoruous point to my story was I got pass by a tandem kayak.

Big T

I stopped to top off my gas tank on my 16 john boat Tuesday, close to $20 on a six gallon tank. Went to the boat ramp at Snow's Cut, unloaded my boat ran about a mile down to Carolina Beach inlet, throttled down to anchor and my motor cut out.

Fished for a little while ran out of bait went to start the motor, nothing nada. Now here I was trying to use my trolling motor at the mouth of the inlet on out going tide. Anyway to make a long story short I had to spend close to $150 to get the carb removed cleaned and reinstalled.

The Yamaha dealer said that they had a influx of people who bought gas from a certain station were getting gas with water and trash in it. One somewhat humoruous point to my story was I got pass by a tandem kayak.

Big T

Happened to me before on my truck, I have NO PROBLEM tellin people who carry's bad gas >:(

I'd have the State regulatory commission check that "certain station" out and fine them if they are causing those kinds of problems. You might even have legal rights to reclaim the money you spent on the carb. Sorry to hear about your problems!!

Thanks Guys,

I do not mean to complain but it irritates me that I first I have to pay these clowns colse to $4 a gallon then I get crappy gas that causes me to spend additional money to fix. The biggest thing that irritated me was that it needlessly put me in a position where I was at the mouth of an inlet that has the potential to get nasty real quick. Thank God I had my trolling motor, my cell phone, and a VHF radio if I would have needed a tow.