Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

local anglers save kids

Kids playing on the sand bar called Conimicut Point, were swept of the bar and into a strong rip tide yesterday afternoon.

Local surf casters contacted authorities and took kayaks from nearby lawn and rescued 3 of the youth, 1 unconscious.  CPR at the beach later revived her.

The other kids were rescued by local bluefish/striper boat captain on the bay for the day.  Anglers had all rescued before authorities could arrive.  

The cool part is that if you saw these guys in a store or something, you'd pick the next aisle, tough, scruffy looking dudes,.....with big hearts and selfless courage (the Conimicut rip is no place for a kayak when the rip is strong).  Don't judge a book by it's cover!!

Way to go guys!  

And all survived with only minor injuries from treble hooks ;D

JK  That is pretty cool though.  Same thing happened to me and my sister when we were little down in FL.  

looks don't matter much. It's helping other people when they need it the most and those kids needed it. most of the time I'm scruffy looking but don't think for a moment I wouldn't help somebody who is needing some help. Most people will stand there and watch or just keep on doing what they were doing  instead of going out of their way to help somebody.

If I knew these guys who helped those kids I'd take them to the bar and buy them a drink ;)  

Indeed Joe, same here, but it seems that although a tragic day, it was one of many brave moments

UPDATE:  Turns out, the 8 yr old boy was swept off first, the 14 yr old girl/neighbor/friend went in after him and saved him.  She had him on her back when the step dad reached them.  The kayakers got to the group of them and got her CPR on the beach.

She is in critical condition still, unconscious and will most likely have brain damage at a minimum.

The state is praying hard for our hero, if you have a second, hop on the bandwagon.  Thanks.