Sign in to follow this  
Evan Pease

Think about this

If we didnt see stuff on TV or hear it some how would it bother us? An example is the missle thing. What can average citizens do about them? If we didnt know we wouldnt worry. If it were a more dangerous situation I could get it but its not like were getting shot at.

Another one is the focus on these mass murders and things like that. A lot of people say that criminals get inspired because they think theyll get famous and be remembered and go out and do stuff. The victims are the ones we should remember not the bad guy(or girl).

Thats my rant for today...

I do not watch the news on TV.  There is only bad news on there, nothing ever is good news.

I get my news from the internet.  That way I can pick and choose my news, not necessarily what a hotshot in an office wants me to see/read/hear.

Unfortunately the media is a necessary evil.  You can choose to turn a blind eye OR take the time to wade through the different  information given as well as the different opinions on any given topic and decide for your self what's right or wrong.  Informed opinion is what makes the world go round.  

It makes life easier when you choose what to ignore and what not to, but if everyone would do that, we may as well give up our liberties, the right to vote, and the right to form any opinions.

I agree, watching and reading the news can be very depressing alot of the time, but each gerneration needs informed leadership.

I guess it's a matter of whether someone wants to be something of a leader or a follower.

I'm not bashing anyone for their views.  I am not at all making this personnal.  Just something to think about. :)

An example is the missle thing.  If it were a more dangerous situation I could get it but its not like were getting shot at.

If you do not think that this is a dangerous situation you are sorely mistataken. No sense in rehashing what has been said in another thread but this is something that has the potential to greatly affect us and others. In some sense it already has as we have seen an increase in oil prices.

By the looks of your pic, you are not that old so it is normal to have the perspective that "if it doesn't affect me I do not care". If I am wrong I appologize. I greatly enjoy watching and reading the news as I take pride in being an informed citizen.

We are in a very fascinationg time of our history and have the ability to learn what is happening in other parts of the world in an instant. I think that if you watch more and read more of the news you will see how interesting it can be.

im tired of the candiddates flip flopping and acting like 1st graders i mean ......heres your sign  :-X :-X