Sign in to follow this  
tipptruck1

Central WI storms.

I was just wondering if you guys in wi are ok. I know theres a few guys in stratford about 20 minns from were I live. We just got power back about 4 hours ago. Also had some branches in the lawn and a lot of trees down in the area. But after the storm passed I tried some fishng. Not even a single bite.

That stuff just blew through Michigan...Knocked out all the street lights on a major road and none of the gas stations have power. :o

I drove home doing 35MPH on a 55MPH road....every single car was going slow and you couldn't see 20 feet in front of you.

NASTY STUFF!

Got home and ended up sitting in the car for 15 minutes before it started to let up a little.Way too much lightening.

That's some NASTY weather the midwest is suffering! I pray that every BR member is OK (and everyone else too for that matter!).

We did o.k. over here.  Spencer had a bunch of rotation, but nothing come of it.  All the hail stayed north and south of us.  A couple of trees got loosened up a bit.  But if you lean alittle they don't look so bad.

Pulled a boner though.  Got home yesterday, and found that I forgot to pull the plug on my boat.  Wow!  Tires were squattin' pretty good!

Here in the SE part of the state, we had one big cell roll through.  A lot of high wind, not so much rain.  This weekend we're in for it.  The forcast calls for 2-4" by sat.  

We are still recovering from the storm that rolled through central Ohio last Saturday night!  In a town of 40,000 people we had about 150 homes flooded (basements filled, and up to 2 feet in ground floor).  These were flash floods from 3 inches of rain in about an hour, so not very many folks had flood insurance...what a mess to clean up, with no gov't funds!  

The rain gauge said we only got like 2.5 inches of rain. But iam sure its hard to gather rain going sideways. My grandparents have a empty little garden pond thats about 4 ft wide 6 feet long and maybe 3 ft deep. It was about 12 inches full. But it did have maybe a few inches.