Sign in to follow this  
5bass

Free UFC fights tonight on Spike TV

Looks to be a pretty decent card for a freebie show. I'd really like to see Irvin beat Silva.....

Haha man id like to see the same but i just dont see silva losing. What are the other good fights on the card if any?

Well that didn't take long.  :o

Silva is AMAZING! Course we already knew that.

Fedor vs Big Tim is going down. I can;t remember the date.

Timmy is scared.

A. Silva vs Fedor. Wouldn't that be something. Alas it would never happen....

will anyone ever beat silva!!??  

Brandon Vera's fight was a disappointment

Silva's fight was about as expected.  Someone will come around and knock his head off...it just won't be anytime soon.  That guy is an animal.

I didn't watch the fights after the main event though.  

I thought Irvin could hang a little longer than that....instead he got pummeled early and left with a 4" gash under his eye.

In the Affliction PPV tonight, Fedor took out Tim Sylvia with a choke about 30 seconds into the first round. The word is Fedor vs. Randy Couture next.

randy couture??  thought he was done for good this time??

randy couture?? thought he was done for good this time??

He's only done with the UFC, Fedor fights for Affliction and Randy will probably do the same just to get that fight. He has to be out from under his UFC contract first though and that should expire pretty soon.

Affliction is making a legit run into the MMA arena, the card they had last night was stacked and the PPV ratings were better than expected.

Donald Trump recently purchased a significant equity stake in Affliction MMA. That helps financially. A lot of the the big name fighters are under affliction as a sponsor. It would seem like a natural progression that they  are showing up on the map.

Its good that the UFC has some competition, I just hope it doesnt turn out like Boxing did with all the different belts and none of the different sanctioning bodies willing to let the best of the best fight each other. That's what killed boxing. I hope those running the MMA world won't let that happen.

Dana White is a smart businessman.  I doubt he'll let MMA slide like boxing did.  The only problem is having fighters hold and defend belts in two leagues.  It's really too hard for anyone to do that, even though it has been done before I'm sure.  It will be interesting to watch.  Affliction does have some good fighters and they are quickly gaining momentum.  It will take a lot to actually challenge UFC in prestige and fan-base though.

Competition isn't really a bad thing.  Gives us something else to watch occasionally because sometimes UFC's cards aren't exactly packed with big names which is understandable given that fighters have to wait a certain amount of time between bouts.  Its going to be interesting to see how huge Affliction becomes because they have endless potential.

I was pretty happy with he fight card.  However, I am angry with myself becaue I dozed off and missed the Silva fight.  I can't believe they guy won that poked the other guy in the eye.

I am pretty excited about antoher night of free fights next weekend though.  I guess UFC wanted to put something up against EliteXC.

I was pretty happy with he fight card. However, I am angry with myself becaue I dozed off and missed the Silva fight. I can't believe they guy won that poked the other guy in the eye.

Yeah, that was BS. Who needs ju jitsu or wrestling when you can just poke someone in the eye several times and pull off a win? LOL!  ;D That was possibly the worst fight call ever....(besides Hamill vs. Bisping)  Hamill beat you Bisping! You know it, don't act like you don't.