Sign in to follow this  
Pond Hopper

Iowa/Illinois Storms

Wow, what a night/morning.  We had branches and lines down all over Iowa, I drove over a downed power line going to work this morning that I could not see til the last minute because of debris in the road.  My mom has 100 foot tree in her yard that was uprooted, fell across the alley, destroyed thousands of dollars worth of things(including some very sentimental gifts), one kid is dead after a tree fell on the tent he was staying in and his 8 month old sibling is in intensive care.  125K people without power and they are saying it may be 2 weeks til they get it back.  It is unreal after seeing pictures of some of the damage and huge trees completely uprooted.  Still just amazes me :-/

Man that sounds wicked.  Not to lessen the weather impact on other parts of the country, but for what we normally get, the midwest has had some harsh spring and summer weather this year.

Welcome to the club.  Spring can be a real Bitzh in Tornado Alley.

We had a similar storm come through on the 13th, 70 mph straightline gusts that crushed one little town of about 15,000 people.  Huge trees down, power lines all over the place, 4 inches of rain in one hour pretty much guaranteed flash flooding everywhere.  Sounds like you got the same thing, plus some mph on those winds!

That is horrible... As a Floridian, I know what you're going through, with our hurricanes and such. I wish for the best for you and everyone out there! Be safe!