Sign in to follow this  
Red

my new best friend

his is Zoey. i rescued her from the humane society last firday. she is nine months old and is a blue heeler(australian cattle dog)mix. the humane society didnt know what she was mixed with, but they think a collie and i agree, with the longer snout and the whiteish eyes. she is about 40lbs and i have no idea if she will get much bigger or not.

first day or two was kinda rough with my one cat attacking her like he was starring in an episode of wild kingdom!!  but she has come around wonderfully.  she is very smart and has several of the basic commands(sit, stay, down, come, heel, fetch) just about dialed in.  and she is really great with my two young nephews who live with me.  one of my cats tho, the 10lb lion, still has issues with the dog, but from what i have heard and read, it just takes time, they will come around eventually.  any way she is great and i look forward to many years of fun with her!

zoey.jpg

thanks

Cliff

Awesome!!!

Saving an animal from being put down is very rewarding.  My cat was scheduled to go the Monday after I found her at the shelter.  2 more days and she would have been gone.

I think she knows we saved her,lol, she's awesome.

Good luck with your new buddy and again, NICE SAVE!

PS- LOTS of energy in those dogs, heavy exercise is a must or they start getting psychological issues (circling, tail chasing etc)

Thats awesome.

Blue heelers are good dogs, my great grandparents had one when I was younger, that was a great dog.

LOL Yes, I always wondered why I had no brother...;)

She is a PORK, she doesn't like to do anything anymore lol, she used to be a farm dog, but they gave her away so we got her, and now all she does is lay around the house lol

Looks like a catahoula curse dog to me.   ;)

the vet at the shelter said most of the time they have no clue what the dogs are, and she just makes a guess using her skills and knowledge as a vet.  here is a link to the only catahoula dog i could find, other than a catahoula bulldog

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/catahoula.htm