Sign in to follow this  
fishfordollars

Ride it out

I live on the east side of Houston and we are staring at Eduard in the gulf this morning. My home sits 1 1/2 mile from salt water. I am going to ride it out. Hopefully it will not build to be a hurricane.

Good luck and stay safe.

Fish for dollars,

What city/town do you live in? I live out in Tomball. (NW of Houston.)

-Ike

Fish for dollars,

-Ike

Channelview area. Remember the cheerleader mom story? She lived several blocks from where I live.

If you are interested in doing some fishing just let me know. My back seat is always open to anyone that wants it. If I am going you do not need to help with any expense. I fish Rayburn, Conroe, Tbend, and others regularly.

Since I have recovered from my neck issues I am fishing 3-4 days a week.

It's something I've always wanted to do.  I caught the tail end of a TS in Kitty Hawk a few years ago.  Also got out just a few hours ahead of Isabel in 03.

Then again, I'm a nut for bad weather.

Fish for dollars,

-Ike

Channelview area. Remember the cheerleader mom story? She lived several blocks from where I live.

If you are interested in doing some fishing just let me know. My back seat is always open to anyone that wants it. If I am going you do not need to help with any expense. I fish Rayburn, Conroe, Tbend, and others regularly.

I'll be fishing Rayburn, T-Bend, Conroe, and Fayette County alot next year. We'll have to try and hook uo sometime.

Do you fish Salt Water at all?

Fish for dollars,

-Ike

I'll be fishing Rayburn, T-Bend, Conroe, and Fayette County alot next year. We'll have to try and hook uo sometime.

Do you fish Salt Water at all?

Nope, too busy prefishing and fishing tournaments. As soon as this storm passes I an going to hit Conroe if you are interested. Let me know.

Jack, even if it reaches hurricane strength it will still be just a little pizz-ant storm.  Throw a party and invite your friends!  I doubt that a three inch storm surge is going to cause a lot of flooding.   ;D ;D ;D

Mike they are predicting up to 10" of rain with this one. We should have met at Fork or the north end of Toledo Bend. If you did not get my response in the other thread my wife spent a bundle Saturday night shopping in Dallas.

Good luck with the storm. In the past 4 years we have rode out several storms. When Ivan hit we were without power for 9 days and it was 95 or hotter each day. Those were the longest days of my entire life.

Dude I'm approximately 18 miles from the Gulf coast and out of the 26 hurricane to hit Louisiana since 1951 when I was born we have evacuated twice; Audrey June 27th, 1957 & Rita September 23, 2005.