Sign in to follow this  
Newman12Fan

Painting a golf cart

I just got a new to me 1997 club car. I want to give it a paint job. Has anyone ever painted a golf cart? If so what kind of prep work is needed, and what type of paint was used?

Thanks

I edited to add a pic of the golf cart so you can see why I need a paint job.  Also need a rear seat, roof, etc.  She might not look good now, but you can not pass up on a gas golf cart for only $50!  

post-15302-13016296045_thumb.jpg

Not sure if the body is plastic or fiberglass but alot of guys use Krylon Fusion on their ATVs for plastic. I believe it tells you on the can all the prep work needed. The reviews I have read are always favorable when the people take their time and do ALL the prep work. I personally don't have any experience, but from reading it seems to be a pretty good route. They usually put several clear coats too.

I wouldn't try that Ryan Newman #12 paint job until you seewhere he is going to be next year.

I wouldn't try that Ryan Newman #12 paint job until you seewhere he is going to be next year.

I will be waiting until after the press conference this Friday when he announces he is going with Stewart and who his sponsor is.  I hope it is not UPS, that will be a boring paint scheme for a golf cart

I will be waiting until after the press conference this Friday when he announces he is going with Stewart and who his sponsor is. I hope it is not UPS, that will be a boring paint scheme for a golf cart

I read this morning that he will be driving the Number 4 car.  They are still working on sponsorship deals.