Sign in to follow this  
rondef

Meadowlands

Guys I just got tickets to the Giants/Patriots game next Thursday night on the 48 yard line, first row, right behind the Patriots bench.  What is this stadium like?  Do they let you tailgate?  How early do they open the lots for parking and partying?  Am I going to have any problems if I wear my Patriots gear?

NAH! It's in New Jersey they have literacy issues there

I was at the Meadowlands for the Jets/Bears game two seasons ago, and was at the 50 yard line 3 rows back behind the Bears (almost the same spot as you). Some of the Bears players even joked with us during the game. Getting to the parking lot was difficult then with all the construction, and I don't know how it is now. And parking is really expensive!!!! We got there about 2 hours before the game started.  Stadium was nice but the restrooms stank. I went with 3 Bears fans that wore their Bears gear and me in my Jets gear. We had a great time and the Jets fans where real nice to the Bears guys (and Jets fans are much tougher than Giants fans). We even got a little beer ball football game between Jets and Bears fans while tailgating before the game with a lot of good fellowship and spilled bear between the opposing fans... security didn't seem to mind. It took forever to get a beer at the concession stands during the game.

Check this out for info on the Meadowlands and Tailgating & parking.

http://www.meadowlands.com/giants.asp?navID=4

Have a great time (but the Pats.... ...LOL, would you expect anything less from a Jets fan?). Personally, I would much rather watch a NFL football game on TV than at a stadium (not so with baseball).

We have a parking pass for the game.  Sounds like you guys had a good time.  What can I say I am a huge Pats fan, born and raised in Massachusetts and I can not pass up this opportunity.

me and my dad are packers fans and have gone to 3 or 4 games. We usually got there about 2 or 2 1/2 hours before the game. The Jets fans trash talked a little, but in a fun way. With the construction parking might be a hassle, but I can't be sure. I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter what.