Sign in to follow this  
done

Don't take tomorrow for granted

Hey guys,

Sorry to get all sappy on everyone but this is one of those things that has impacted me. The link below leads to a pdf that pretty much spells out something one of my cousins has been going through. She has been like a sister to me growing up, me and her would cause some trouble, hang out, etc, just a real fun person.

Anyway she texted me in Dec 2007 throwing joke at me about how her ophthalmologist could not fix her vision. Since that day, she literally went from the fun loving, carefree girl I have known my whole life to a shadow of that person.  

The message, the subject says it all. I would give up fishing for life for a single day with the old Beth. I really took those days for granted and never thought in her mid 20's that she would be facing something like this. So, take it as a reminder to really cherish the time you have with your friends and family in 24 hours those times could be gone forever.

http://www.friendsofbethhayes.com/history.pdf

I feel for you buddy, and I can certainly sympathize.  Its far too easy to go through life expecting tomorrow to come and go the same way today did.  Life and your way of life is something to be cherished.  

Life's a hell of a thing.  You never can quite understand the curve ball that'll get thown at you once and a while.  She sounds like a remarkable women.  And apparently she is to you.  Stay strong for her and be there for her and I promiss to keep her in my thougths.