Sign in to follow this  
frogtog

Instant Replay

I don't know how this will work in Baseball. It has always been for the Ump's to call it the way they seen it weather that is right or wrong and that was the way it was. I Personally think it's going to discredit a lot of the calls. Whats your input on this ?  

I'm on the fence on this one.  I want to keep the classic feel of the game, but I don't want bad calls either. :-/

I don't agree with it. I think the umpires calls are sometimes what make the game interesting.

5 - 6 hour baseball games are looming on the horizon - and that doesn't mean extra inning games either!:o(

As long as it's only used to call questionable dingers/foul balls, I'm all for it.  Besides, if the games take longer, then the patrons have more time to sober-up after beer sales cease in the 7th.  :D

Isn't this bordering on a religious debate? LOL.

I think if they can learn the lessons from Football and Instant replay ahead of time, it can be a good thing. Course that is a big IF.

Two points of concern,   all tape reviewed will be from New York studio.   I hope the cell phone isn't busy.

The only reviewable calls are foul poles and homeruns that are borderline on the fence.

I'd like to see replay for game winning runs scored at the plate as well.

They left all the other calls on the umps shoulders.   Some umps call tighter zones and that cool.

I just think if the technology is there,  use it on the close plays to get the game right.

I'm all in favor, it's about time baseball caught up with the rest of the sports world. The majority of calls are validated which shows how well officiating can be much of the time, despite some glaring errors.

This will not cause an average game to go longer. Instant replay will only affect a small percentage of the games in MLB. I think it is a good idea, it seems like a lot of HR's this year could have been debated.

I'm dreading the overnight baseball games as well.

Instead of moving forward, I wish they would move backward.  What ever happened doubleheaders and mid-day games?

What ever happened doubleheaders and mid-day games?

That's an easy one. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm all for it. Though I wish they would use the NCAA model of having an official in the booth make the call. I think sometimes the officials on the field are reluctant to overturn their own, or one of their partner's call.

I say do it. Once they figure out its good for the game of baseball, maybe they'll institute a pitch clock. And they NEED a pitch clock BAD.