Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

Turntables + real musicians??

Seems much of the music where "scratching" is used, is electronically generated type stuff made with tone generators, drum machines and stuff like that, no real instruments and often, no real musicians. Trained musicians I should say, seeing as we are speaking about ART which is abstract and totally subjective to opinion.

Now I give credit where credit is due. ex: I don't like country music but will easily admit that there are countless phenomenal (trained) musicians in the country genre.

Anyway, I found a couple places where the turntables team ip with real musicians and the mix is kinda catchy. Here are 2 completely different examples of what I'm talking about. Anyone have any more examples?

Hubba Hubba

This kid is amazing

That young man is monumentally talented. Typically, I'm not one to listen to violin music, however I found myself unable to turn that tune off. Cool stuff Russ.

Falcon

That young man is monumentally talented. Typically, I'm not one to listen to violin music, however I found myself unable to turn that tune off. Cool stuff Russ.

Falcon

x100  :D

No doubt. I first heard about Paul Dateh, here in everything else, about a yr ago. Then, I found out that he did a song for a CAST family. The world has become incredibly smaller since I got involved w/ CAST and "odd" occurences like finding Paul via BR and then learninghe is aware of CAST,.....wierd, but I'm getting used to it :)Check it out

Warning- very touching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j-94oxbf4E

Paul is a song writer/pianist/violinist/singer. He has a new album coming out shortly and is a very approachable person. Leave a message or comment on u-tube and he'll return it. Very cool kid.

Some other stuff on u-tube by him that is worth checking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEgd7pOVFnY&feature=user

If you like the violin Stuff you should check these guys out. I used one of their tracks in a fishing video I made.

Black Violin

also this guy is pretty sick. Sampling type stuff but he does play a lot of the instruments too

Lack of Afro

Posted by: MALTESE FALCON Posted on: Today at 8:09am

Falcon

I just sat here and watched that with out blinking . That kid has major talent.

Nuttin' but stringz...check these guys out.

I hook up my ipod in the car at work and listen to these guys when we're out and about. It makes me want to grab people and say "listen to this", especially when we're in the deep deep ghetto. Either that or flip a car over, set it on fire, and start a violent revolution.

Heavy lyrical content. But, they put it all together really well. They also play everything, very little electronics.