Sign in to follow this  
Dan:

Muddy and other blues lovers...

Have you seen this trailer yet?

It comes out Dec. 5th

I think it looks awesome

Yea this has been in the making for a while, I am suspicious of Hollywood telling the CHESS story, so far the best cinematic telling of the whole blues story was the Scorsese Documentary. Beyonce playing Etta, I don't know about that one! Here is the real lady:

ETTA JAMES

This was before her surgery, BBKING put a show of legends together. When it was Etta's turn they switched the keyboard player to DR>JOHN, whom she had a shall we say past with. Look at those tears, that is live blues, it can not be staged and it connects these artists with their audience:

Here is Etta recently, she has had a Bariatric Bypass singing one of her great ones AT LAST:

I'm skeptical also, but it's cool to see Hollywood paying tribute and I will definitely go see it.

The Scorsese documentary was AWESOME. I have all seven episodes but I still haven't watched the last one. They really are a must see for any blues fan. Although in the one called "Godfathers and Sons" about Chess Marshall Chess, Leonard's son comes off like a big weasel if you ask me.

I didn't know about Etta and Dr. John. What did Son House say about the blues? "There ain't but one kind of blues, and that consists between male and female in love..."

Bydefinition all label owners are weasels ;D

The guy from the coporate side I respected the most JOHN HAMMOND SR.