Sign in to follow this  
Long Mike

A public thank you to Burley

I couldn't believe it, but today I received a package from Burley.  The only contact I have ever had with him is on this site.  I know that he did not draw my name in the Christmas exchange, so naturally I was a bit cautious about opening it.  I listened closely for the sound of ticking, but heard nothing.  I placed the package at the feet of my dogs, but they weren't interested in the slightest.  Finally, I soaked the package in a bucket of water for six hours.  Only then did I open it.

I found:

a War Eagle Spinner bait

a Rapala crank bait

a Strike King jig

a Silver Buddy swim bait

a package of Berkely power worms

Because I am the resident Grouchy Old Fart on this site, I cannot understand why anyone, especially Burley, would choose to send me a Christmas gift without being obligated to do so in the gift exchange.

Burley, I am honored and deeply moved by your generosity and your spirit of giving.  Thank you!

BTW, I was kidding about the security precautions.

Mike you don't have nothing on me ;D I also received a package from Burley. It contained the following

Skeeter Hat

10" Power Worm

4" Chigger Craw

10" Power Worm GP

Strike King Chatter Bait

6" Roboworm                                                                                      

I didn't know what to say except Thanks Burley

I guess I have done something to make a new friend so

I have an all expense paid fishing trip for him on the Roanoke River any time he wants.

I got a Christmas card from him too. The only card I am expecting to receive that is intended solely for me.  ;D

Big softee. :)

( He asked for address where I am staying) I have to thank him also, although I won't know what for until after the New Year and I get home to my house. Now you know why when he was MIA, I was concerned about him. He is, despite what he likes to show, one the most generous and good fellas on the board here.

Burley is a great guy.

I love his posts and humor.

Hopefully I can catch up with him when I visit one of my clients next year as my client is about 30 miles from his HQ.  :D

He is, despite what he likes to show, one the most generous and good fellas on the board here.

Yep.

He is, despite what he likes to show, one the most generous and good fellas on the board here.

Yep.

i knew there was a little of qvc in burley.

notice, i said a little.     8-)

Just think if he gave us all stuff, yes all 18,243 members stuff for x-mas, he'd be broke!  :o

He also gave me something. But due to moderators request, i cannot list. But the doctors said as long as i take my antibiotics i should be fine

He also gave me something. But due to moderators request, i cannot list. But the doctors said as long as i take my antibiotics i should be fine

Don't worry a few more fishing trips and you will have built up an immunity.

I'm beginning to learn that the real Burly is much more than he lets on.

Next we'll discover that Burley is actually a renowned lunker hunter with 100+ double digit bass, and that he only posts the dinks to mess with our puny minds

:D

Don't worry a few more fishing trips and you will have built up an immunity.

You only spent what, $500 on pills after our first outing?

I wasnt worried to much about the swelling , its the color changing that worried me