Sign in to follow this  
SPEEDBEAD.

Fat Albert suspended by the Redskins

It's hard for me to believe that he took all that money from the Skins and has pretty much refused to do anything they've asked of him and basically just stirred the pot since he's been there. What did he get...41 million? Craziness.

The Skins have been known to give out big contracts to players that don't fit or are headcases. I wonder who's fault that is ?

It's hard for me to believe that he took all that money from the Skins and has pretty much refused to do anything they've asked of him and basically just stirred the pot since he's been there. What did he get...41 million? Craziness.

actually he only gets about 31-32 million gauranteed which has already been paid. when he skipped a mandatory minicamp it voided the rest of his gaurantees which were in the form of 2011-2012 base salaries. ive also read its possible the redskins will pursue some of the bonus money previously paid due to language they put in his contract but its not clear if the CBA will override that. originally 41 million was the gauranteed amount. also the deal was reported as 7 years $100+ million total, but in actuality its a 4 year 48 million dollar deal with bogus years tacked on

Grey Wolf, i would place fault on Vinny Cerrato and Daniel Snyder. They were running the front office when Haynesworth was signed. At said time the skins were running a 4-3 defense which he fit. New coaches, new scheme this year, the 3-4, and Haynesworth never gave it a chance. My point, you cant blame them for signing a player that didnt fit at the time of the signing...headcase, perhaps....

I'm as big of a Redskins fan that you will find, but some of the crap that has gone on this year has made so angry that I wanted to throw away my Redskins gear. I just hope that this is over with and that the team can put together a few wins here at the end of the season. I don't know who to blame for this, but at some point AH just needs to look in the mirror and ask himself what he really wants in life. If football isn't what he wants, he should have plenty of money to move on and do something else with his life.