Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Lee Corso

This is probably Lee Corso's last year on ESPN's college day show.

The stroke he had is catching up with him.

If he does leave the show we will all miss his humor and insight into the college football game.  :'(

I really hope he doesn't go, but if thats whats best for his health, thats what he needs to do. I just wish him the best of luck.

I didn't like him that much.  He alwaysed picked against VT.  But, maybe was because his car was struck by lighting before the VT/GT.  I think it was 2004.

Corso and Herbstreit make that show. No way Desmond Howard can fill the role of Corso, so they'd either have to get creative with a well known and well liked replacement or bring him back. A stroke is not a progressive pathology once it has stabilized, so he'd technically stay the same or even improve from where he is now assuming there are not any new health issues.

I'd presonally like to see him back for one more year so he can have a well earned "farewell tour" for the 2011 season. He's a living legend and still contributes to the show to make it entertaining.

I wish Lee Corso the best.  I've seen more than my share of strokes, the severity, recovery and stability are different for each victim.  We have a friend, now wheel chair bound, sagging facial features and totally dependent.  On the other hand, my wife had a stoke, looks, acts, performs in way that one would think she is perfectly normal, she isn't.  Motor skills are as sharp, short and long term memory isn't what is was before the stroke.

Not being a medical man, I'm wondering what the professional opinion regarding prognosis is for recovery, it my wife's case that took some time and therapy.

Hang in there Lee !

Fellow Nole, Lee Corso, is going to be missed for not only his knowledge of the game, but his wild and crazy ANTICS!

Did you all know that when Corso was the head coach at Indiana, his team kicked a field goal against The Ohio State University to take a 3-0 lead and Corso took the entire team onto the field and had a photo of them taken with the scoreboard in the background?

I think his team got destroyed after that.

And when he selected against VATech and his rental car got hit by lightning at Lane Stadium you have to admit that was funny.

I agree that a farewell tour would be super.

Let's see if ESPN will let him have one more year.  :)

Good stuff Sam. I hadn't heard about the pic or lightning... classic Corso.