Sign in to follow this  
zeppy

Opening day

Hey anybody get out today for opening day.  I know it isnt opening day everywhere, but where i live it is.  I caught more trout than i could keep track of, a great day, im eating them right now.

There was five of us fishing today and we all did really good. 8:35 I was putting my fifth in the bag. Finished the day off helping the kids. Around here if you didnt get them early it was going to be tough to limit out.

There were plennty of folks fishing by my house Jake... They dumped the trout in friday and guys were out here 20 minutes later checking it out for today, and they were out in full force...

Tux

Caught 5 more this morning. Fished a different creek with some bigger fish. Got some nice fillets. ;)

I live in NJ and opening day is this saturday. Can't wait although the weather is saying its going to be 30degrees out and snowing during the AM's. I wouldn't miss opening day if it was 10degrees out with freezing rain pouring down. So I'll just have to deal with the weather. Last year it was hailing/raining opening day, I still managed to get 4. I read how all you guys caught 5+ etc. I don't understand how you do this opening day. Here in NJ its extremely crowded opening day and the most I ever get is like 2-4. I think its because of all the bait in the water. Trust me its not that im not a good trout fishermen, after opening day I caught 6-8 a day. Best Ive ever did was 16 in a day, caught my limit and just kept releasing the rest.

BassFishingMachine, where I fished this year two people per hole is considered crowded. I had 100 yrds of creek all to myself. I wasnt fishing a well known creek either. And we have alot of creeks to choose from in my county. Elbow to elbow fishing isn't for me.

Gotta Love It, I sent you some trout. It will be the package that stinks!! ;D

Opening day was tough for me. The place we started I only got two. We then went to a different place where I limited out. My biggest was only 12.5 inches. I went out yesterday and caught two, on 13 and an eighth, the other was 11 and three quarters. It hasnt been a good year around my place. :'( The trout are getting spooked more easily because the water is crystal clear.