Sign in to follow this  
basser89

Another small Potomac musky

Well, I got out this morning for another go on the upper Potomac. I was supposed to meet up with MskSlyr but something came up so he couldn't make it. I put on around 6:30 this morning (MAN was that COLD! LOL!). I was hoping to get into some smallies and maybe a walleye. Water temps ranged from 41.6-42.7. In the deeper holes I was throwing bucktail jigs and in the shallower areas jerkbaits and crankbaits. This little toothy critter decided to take a shot at the jerkbait I was throwing! Thank goodness for my Suffix braid! Surprisingly, it was another short fight. Total battle may have lasted about a minute. Here's a pic.

Potomac_musky_12-01-07.jpg

Awesome fish! I'll bet if you fish for musky, you'll catch a nice smallie! ;D

Awesome fish! I'll bet if you fish for musky, you'll catch a nice smallie! ;D

Thanks, that hasn't happened since summer! I was fishing one of my musky holes and had a 15-16" smallie take a Top Raider. It had the whole hook in its mouth. I'm still trying to figure out how that happened!   :-?

haha man you gotta help get me on some muskie..idk how much you like catfishing but let me know me and my bud found a killer spot wich you already know of  ;) ;D

A 16" smallie taking a Top Raider? That's a pretty ambitious smallie. Those are some monster trebles on those Raiders.

Falcon

Thanks Boett but I just don't have the patients for catfishing. I gave that up quite some time ago.

Thanks rondef!

Yeah Maltese, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it! That was a task trying to get the hook out of its mouth!!!!

Nice fish, glad to see you are getting out a little.  I thought you did not like the cold, what happened?  A man of your advanced age should not be out in the cold air like that.  You might get sick or something. ;D  Jake and I are still waiting for an invite to come down and do some fishing  :)

matt

Oh, someone got jokes! Funny have you forgetten you're OLDER than me! Don't like the cold??? Funny, I ski, I've been fishing year round for quite a few years now. It must be your advanced age that has you confusing me with someone else!  ;D