Sign in to follow this  
senile1

Follow-up Thread to What would you do in this situation.

Two tournaments have been held at Smithville Lake North of Kansas City and, man, has it been slow.  Check this out.

March 30th tournament:

Of the 51 boats with two-man teams fishing only 14 caught 18 fish.  Winning sack:  2 fish 8lbs 4 oz.

April 6th tournament (Basspro05's tournament in the "What would you do thread . . "):

Of 60 teams fishing 28 of those teams brought 43 keeper fish to the scales. (15 length limit).  Winning sack:  3 fish 12.52 lbs.

I don't fish tournaments, but I was able to get on the water Saturday for only 3 hours.  I blanked.  Smithville is often a tough lake to fish and the start to this year is proving to be no exception.  Are there any other lakes out there that are experiencing the same type of tournament results?

All of the lakes north of KC are fishing that way right now, 'cause we ain't had no Spring - winter just keeps hangin on - the fish are confused -- they pull up and then have to pull back 'cause the water is not any warmer close to the bank - I have been out twice this year so far and the warmest water I have found has been 42* --  >:(

Move South?  ;)

Same here.  The plan is to move further south during retirement.