Sign in to follow this  
chitown

bIG b.a.s.s. ELITE HENDERSONVILLE TN

lOOKS NOT QUITE UP TO SNUFF LOOKS A MESS..

MAYBE i AM WRONG

This is the Professional tournament in a outdoor picknic area ?

I believe BASS started in the south and Host should show everyone.

What professional fishing is all about. So lets get it going down there

lots of out of towners bringing Money into Nashville Area.

NOW ON THE POSITIVE SIDE GOOD LUCK TO ALL HAVE FUN.

This tournament was sort of spur of the moment also.

This is true, it was a quick location selection due to the flooding of the location in Iowa where they were supposed to be.

I was there just prior to weigh in today, and I was happy-

Course, I'm at my first event-

Glad It seems like There are fish. Maybe not for all but It should be on

a level playing field. It gives Wifes and Visitors plenty to do while tournament is going on. eXxcellent night life in Nashville great music.

Great people. BASS PRO SHOP,. Opryland Hotel and shops. Wish I were there. nOW LET US SEE HOW THIS BABY PANS OUT . I bet there will be some place changes on Day 2.

old hickory is a lake I have to fish in augest for a state tourney. I bet a deep crankbait ,dropshot,big texas rig,or a shakey worm will win it

I was at the Day 3 launch as well as the Final Day weigh-in and events.

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing, and I think that BASS / ESPN put together a good program in very short order.

I was speaking with Marty Stone after the final weigh in, and he told me that coming to Old Hickory Lake was good for them (the Bassmaster Elite Series anglers), because they get spoiled on lakes like Falcon, Amistad, etc. Fishing on a 'real' lake, a public, heavily pressured lake like most people have to deal with, helps to bring things back into perspective. Another angler (don't remember which one) made a similar comment on Bassmaster.com during the event.

Several pros were out of it early, and the ones who stayed in really had to work to get the weights they did.

Just have to say that many preconceived notions that I had about some of the pros turned out to be mistakes of judgement on my part. For the most part, they were really nice, approachable people happy to talk to the fans. I talked with Marty Stone, Jeff Kriet, and Dave Wolak, and then also met Mike Iaconnelli, Bill Lowen, Kevin Wirth, and several others during autographs, and they were all more than happy to answer questions, do pictures, etc.