Sign in to follow this  
Sharkbite

Point System

Hey guys I've been watching the Bass Master Elite Series and I don't understand how they talley the points.  I understand the weight of you 5 best but how do they give the points? Also want to know why on different lakes you see different anglers?

If you go on to the bassmaster web site they have a break down of the point distribution.  It is the same anglers all season long on the elite series.

I didn't see Icanelli at Kentuky lake but we was in erie.  Why is that.

Sharkbite, here is a link to the elite series Angler of the Year (AOY) points system:  http://assets.espn.go.com/winnercomm/outdoors/bassmaster/pdf/b_AOY_Points_07_01_08.pdf

BASS tournaments last four days.  The first two days have a little over 100 boats.  On the third day they cut the field to 50 boats depending on how they are doing in that tournament.  On the last day they cut the field to the top 12 boats.  The last day is the "TV Day" and these 12 boats are highlighted on TV.  Usually the anglers who have a legitimate chance to win get most of the TV time.  Ike hasn't been on TV as much the last couple of years because he hasn't made the cut on the last day as much.  Gerald Swindle, Marty Stone, Greg Hackney and others are former AOY contenders who have seen their TV time drop.  TV time is mostly based on how they perform in tournaments and that is how it should be.  

ok I see so we can follow the whole tourt. ?  Is this the only tourt thats on TV? Hey thanx for the link I am going to give a look

Sharkbite, here is a link to the elite series Angler of the Year (AOY) points system: http://assets.espn.go.com/winnercomm/outdoors/bassmaster/pdf/b_AOY_Points_07_01_08.pdf

BASS tournaments last four days. The first two days have a little over 100 boats. On the third day they cut the field to 50 boats depending on how they are doing in that tournament. On the last day they cut the field to the top 12 boats. The last day is the "TV Day" and these 12 boats are highlighted on TV. Usually the anglers who have a legitimate chance to win get most of the TV time. Ike hasn't been on TV as much the last couple of years because he hasn't made the cut on the last day as much. Gerald Swindle, Marty Stone, Greg Hackney and others are former AOY contenders who have seen their TV time drop. TV time is mostly based on how they perform in tournaments and that is how it should be.

So when they are given 3 days on a lake are they ranked daily or after the whole period fished there?

I seen Vandam win and had smaller fish then Hatcher but he had more points is this b/c he did better on another lake or the day before?

They are four day tournaments.  The final ranking for that tournament is based on your total weight over the four day period.  

I was about to say in you profile pic you look like your flipping out like Mike the Ike when he get a biggin lol

There are no nerds bass fishing.

There are no nerds in SEC country.

We are all alike and enjoy our sport.

OK, the only exception is Toolame students, alumni and fans.

Otherwise, there are no nerds in bass fishing.  ;)