Sign in to follow this  
BillyBob

BWS Championship

Hey Glen, if I win my next tourney in two weeks, would you GIVE me a BR shirt to wear in the Bass Master Classic?

Okay then,  I guess I'll just wear my regular tournament shirts. Two weeks from now I'll be on Lake Norman, NC up against Cobel and some high powered sticks, for the Bassmaster Weekend Series Title for $205K and a ticket into the 09 Bassmaster Classic. Qualed through Div 20 and the Mid-West Regional. Hope you guys are behind me. (Blackout on info.is in effect)

Good luck!

I'm sure if you win this tournament, you won't have any problem getting a shirt from any number of folks. ;)  If nothing else, I'll send you a T-shirt with our Church name on it! :)

Watch for Coble. I don't know if guys are sick of getting beat by him and are sore loosers or what but lots of stories about him planting brush piles in the North Carolina lakes.... :-X

Watch for Coble. I don't know if guys are sick of getting beat by him and are sore loosers or what but lots of stories about him planting brush piles in the North Carolina lakes.... :-X

Is that illegal?  I remember reading about Woo Daves planting brush piles in the James River, and fishing them during a BASS event.  I believe he won the event.

BillyBob,

Good luck and hope that you do well.  I fished the BWS in Missouri and did not do well at all.  Next year, I will be fishing as a Boater.  It was very difficult fishing behind my boaters.  As far about planting brush piles, it should depend on the state laws about it.  In Missouri it is aloud, and I personally do not like it.

M_Fields

Is that illegal? I remember reading about Woo Daves planting brush piles in the James River, and fishing them during a BASS event. I believe he won the event.

Don't know if it is illegal, but he keeps winning.

Is that illegal? I remember reading about Woo Daves planting brush piles in the James River, and fishing them during a BASS event. I believe he won the event.

Don't know if it is illegal, but he keeps winning.

If he's abiding by the rules, and he's winning, what's the problem?  If there's a big deal being made about him planting brush piles, I think you nailed it on the head in your first post, there are some sore losers who are sick of getting beat by him.

Guys don't worry about brushpiles....my Humingbird sniffs them out and I don't have all the work to do. Besides at this level its not about someone else and excuses used by anglers who lost. I've fished against Jeff and hundreds as good, beat and have beaten, sooooo I'm planning to win and give Bass Resources a shout, on the Bassmaster Classic stage.

M go for it dude...its great, but don't forget your NB experiences, they'll come in handy as a boater, you'll make lots of new freinds and a high you can't get anyway else.

I believe you are mistaken on the blackout on all info for the tournement.It says in the rules that anything posted to the public is allowable , they list newspapers and the internet as permissable resources.Anything that is not public knowledge is subject to blackout

You are absolutely right. I just don't know if this thread qualifies as public internet info. I have had conversations with T directors and its vage at best, meaning more hard wired info like water levels and forecasts, not to solicit. I've heard of guys sharing secrets on blogs and leaving them posted for 15min and I think that should fall under ethics at least. Just being on the safe side..