Sign in to follow this  
azndan

Thinking about joining the BFL

Sorry for the upcoming ridiculous newbie questions but I have been thinking about joining the BFL and I'm not quite sure what the steps are.

I saw online that the schedule is out and the entry dates are set.  I would be a co-angler in the Shenandoah division.  Is the entry date the only date that I can register for the tournaments or do I have to get my registration in by the priority date?

Am I missing anything?  Do I need to register with anything else?

I have never fished a tournament before but have watched a number of tournaments on tv.  My other question is related to the limit.  I know that you can only have 5 fish at the end of the day, but say you catch 5 2lb fish and you are only half way through the day...can you catch a 6th fish that is like 4lbs and replace one of the smaller fish you caught earlier?

Thanks in advance

the priorty entry date is not the only day you can register  if the event is not full you can sign up that day.And yes you can cull or trade bigger ones for little ones but only 5 in the boat at a time. What you want to do is find a boater to register with so you will be guaranteed a spot .