Sign in to follow this  
Hawg_Hunter

Weigh-in Trailers?

Do any of you have any information on tournament weigh in trailers? Plans, photos?? We are looking at possibly building such a trailer for our tournament series.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Darrin

An old camper works well if you want something cheap. You can use it to stay warm and keep everything you need stored safely. And you can pullout the awning to have a portable covered weigh in area.

Most of the Fishers of men trails have one. You may try to contact the director for your area and take a look at that. Where does your trail fish at mostly? I was born in eastern IA. on the mighty mississippi.

Zbass

Most of the Fishers of men trails have one. You may try to contact the director for your area and take a look at that. Where does your trail fish at mostly? I was born in eastern IA. on the mighty mississippi.

Zbass

Thanks for your reply  8-)

This year we will have 2 divisions in our series, we are adding the river series with 5 tournies on pool 10 of the Mississippi and will continue with the lake series that we started last fall.

Darrin

What is your series called? Do you have a website or anything? Why not pool 13?

Tongue pull or gooseneck?   We have numberous types of trailers on our various tours.

Some have the platforms attached to the side, drop down stage, that is hinged, easy stow, easy setup.   Most have dual compartment, where as the nose is the office, and the back is the storage for equiment.

Congrats Darrin, didn't know you had started a trail in Iowa.

I'm talking about a tongue pull trailer Matt. I'd love to see some pictures of various set ups that are out there to get me rolling with ideas. I've tried searching Google with out much luck....not sure I'm typing in the best search words, but at the same time, I'm sure there are not many, if any sites to look at such a thing?

You still in Texas Matt? ...I've been out of the loop this last year.

(edit) oops, I see your location under your avatar  ::)

Darrin

Darrin,

I will be at Media Opens on Dec 6 and 13.   If Gordon is running them, he'll have his trailer there and I will get pictures of his setup for ya.  

I searched Media's Website, most pictures are close ups and don't give you the detail you are seeking.

If my divisonal director is there, he has cab over camper and pulls a 20 ft flat utility trailer.

Checkout Mediabass.com.     Tons of pictures in past results, some give some shots, but most are closeups as mentioned.

Matt

My father in law had one for our tournament trail that we were running..It was a 16 ft trailer with hinges on one side, With a flip up back board with all of logos on it..We could hook up the scales to it so everyone could see the weights.. I could try to find pics of it if you want to see them...

You probably have already thought of this but... The OBFN got one built for basically free from a company that agreed to sponsor us, so maybe try finding some king of general contractor or metal shop around your area.