Sign in to follow this  
mrbassky

Funny not enough Marshalls for Wheeler

Looks like they couldnt get enough for the field on Wheeler. I understand the idea I just dont think its worth it. The best part is you learn from the pros and learn spots but you may not get a pro who wants to talk much. And you can learn what they are doing and where for free if you have a boat and follow them. Some lakes will fill up quick others wont fill up. I think $100 is a little steep myself. Wait till they get a tournament where its really bad conditions and freezing. Or when they go up North where there arent as many people interested. We will see. ::)

And dont assume you dont need Marshalls in every boat. There are lots of little things that I am sure you would someone there. Its not about tying fish up. Hooking a bed fish in the mouth, offlimits areas, boating violations, ect. I have seen some keepers let go in tournaments because they werent hooked in the mouth and people disqualified for boating violations who knows what happens if no ones around. ;)

Looks like they couldnt get enough for the field on Wheeler. I understand the idea I just dont think its worth it. The best part is you learn from the pros and learn spots but you may not get a pro who wants to talk much. And you can learn what they are doing and where for free if you have a boat and follow them. Some lakes will fill up quick others wont fill up. I think $100 is a little steep myself. Wait till they get a tournament where its really bad conditions and freezing. Or when they go up North where there arent as many people interested. We will see. ::)

And dont assume you dont need Marshalls in every boat. There are lots of little things that I am sure you would someone there. Its not about tying fish up. Hooking a bed fish in the mouth, offlimits areas, boating violations, ect. I have seen some keepers let go in tournaments because they werent hooked in the mouth and people disqualified for boating violations who knows what happens if no ones around. ;)

Don't think Swindle would have been DQ'd had the camera man not been there

Looks like they couldnt get enough for the field on Wheeler. I understand the idea I just dont think its worth it. The best part is you learn from the pros and learn spots but you may not get a pro who wants to talk much. And you can learn what they are doing and where for free if you have a boat and follow them. Some lakes will fill up quick others wont fill up. I think $100 is a little steep myself.

I understand your logic, but its just not logical. :D

Yes, you can follow a pro in your own boat.  But, unless you've got a Citgo sponsorship, you can't do it for free.  Following a pro around the lake for three days is going to cost you a lot more than $100 in most situations.

Yes, you can see where they're fishing, and probably even what they're using from your own boat, off at a distance.  But, you'd probably miss the little things that seperate the men (pros) from the boys (you and me).

Yes, your logic is simply illogical. ;D

But you do get to choose which pro you want to watch.  I followed Skeet around Kissimmee a few years ago and loved it.

It depends where you are on how much it costs. And if you split it with a buddy or two and have a boat that gets good gas milage then it would be alot cheaper. You can read what they used later. Not pushing following the pros vs. being in the boat I am sure being in the boat is better.

But the point is they need people in the boats and right now they are not getting enough. My guess is this wont be the only tournament they dont have enough Marshalls. Wait and see there will be some changes next year.