Sign in to follow this  
J. M. Richardson

Joined FLW as Collegiate Competitor

Hey all,

Just wanted to say I'm on my way into the tournament scene. Registered as a competitor member with the FLW so I can fish a tournament or two of that next year (hopefully on Lake of the Ozarks or the La Crosse Tourny). Looking forward to it, but have a lot of work to do between now and then perfecting casts and techniques.

Very excited about this though.

Any tips for a new tournament angler? Or if you've fished the collegiate tourny before let me know

I have fished FLW for a few years now. I fish it as a coangler in the BFL and also fish Collegiate.

Congrats on your decision.  Remember, this is still fishing and you should continue to use the physical and mental techniques that keep you focused on why you fish to begin with.

the flw college tourneys you will fish might be the most fun of all the tourneys in your life. live online weigh-ins, travel money, free top of the line boat to fish out of, the other guy in the boat actual wants you to catch fish since you are on the same team, opportunity to be chauffered around a lake by top pros (last year two teams got paired with iaconelli and charlie hartley as their boaters). what school are you from?

the level of competition is pretty much even which makes it fun. i used my senior year of high school to fish a little trail on my local lake and i used these tournaments to perfect my fishing skills of course i am still a long way from perfection it has helped me in the collegiate tournaments i have fished so far. just practice and get ready for close tournaments and a lot of fun  ;)