Sign in to follow this  
ImaRapalabeliever

Macon State College

Hey buddy. This is Braden from the University of Tennessee at Martin. I was one of the founding members of our team and I'd be more than willing to help you out in anyway that I can. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Print up some flyers with your phone number or email listed and put them up around campus. That's what we did. I think we had 5 people show up at the first meeting. One of those was a fraternity member and he got five of his buddies to sign up so we could meet the number needed to become a school affiliated club and then we started registering with College Bass and NCBFC. We slowly started to get more and more members as people found out more about what opportunities there were for collegiate bass anglers. Don't give up so easy man. Talk with your office of Student Life and Campus Recreation. They may be able to help as well.

Great idea Braden, I will make some fliers tonight, the problem is I am fairly new to Georgia and I don't really know anyone to help me get it started, and from my understanding it can be quite a job, did you guys take up any dues or membership money?  I have one of the largest Bass Pro shops right down the road I wonder if they would  be willing to help.  I don't want to get out of hand, I guess I should just see how it goes.

I'd start off small with dues. I think our first year we paid 15$. We've now  bumped it up to 50$ which is still reasonable. I know some schools dues are $150. It wouldn't hurt to talk to your local Bass Pro. Offer your assistance during their spring and fall festivals and what not. I would wait on that however until you have a fair amount of members though.