Sign in to follow this  
basser89

Decent evening in MD

I got to hit a local lake after work this evening. Conditions haven't been real favorable for me lately, I've only managed a bass here and there, but this evening was better. I only was able to get out for just over an hour but managed 4 bass this evening. 3 came on a spinnerbait (biggest one went 2 1/2lbs) and one on a Bass Pro Shops swimbait (she was just shy of 4lbs at 19 3/4"). The spinnerbait bite was pretty aggressive and the swimbait bite hit in the initial fall. Here's a pic of the swimbait bass.

04-01-08_black_hills_4lbs.jpg

Nice fish. I too stopped on the way home from work to throw the ole swimbait and caught 4, 3 of them on the small side and one pushing 4lbs. Still trying to get the feel for them, swimbaits that is.

What color did you have your luck with?

Thanks flippin4it! I was using the off-shore series, 5 inch, in the shall sard color (have to credit SPEEDBEAD for pointing them out to me!). My success with them so far has been a yo-yo type retrieve. The 3 hits that I've had on them so far have all been on the fall (this evenings was the intial fall but the other two were on the end of a long sweep).