Sign in to follow this  
Boett43

Graduation Fishing Trip

My parents are giving me a fishing trip for graduation.. i have no clue where to go or what to go for. I live in Maryland and dont want to travel to far , all i fish for is bass. I would like to do something different i was thinking smaller inshore tarpon or snook. Or maybe really good smallmouth in NY any ideas would be great!!

My parents are giving me a fishing trip for graduation.. i have no clue where to go or what to go for. I live in Maryland and dont want to travel to far , all i fish for is bass. I would like to do something different i was thinking smaller inshore tarpon or snook. Or maybe really good smallmouth in NY any ideas would be great!!

You could come to South Florida, excelent snook, tarpon and Bass fishing. Stick marsh, Lake Okeechobee, Everglades, etc. Contact a local guide for more information.

I hear Lake Eirie smallies are actually BIG!!  

;)

I found a campsite out of virginia that fishes lake erie. What kind of boat is necessary. all i have is a 14ft jon boat???

I found a campsite out of virginia that fishes lake erie. What kind of boat is necessary. all i have is a 14ft jon boat???

UM!  I would considider spending a little money on a guide. A 14 foot jon boat would have trouble in the harbors in a little breeze let alone a storm. Waves can go from flat to 5+ feet in an hour.

According to all the maps I've looked at in my lifetime Virginia is no where near Erie????

You may want to check another map if yours says that Erie is in Virginia.