Sign in to follow this  
bigmountaineer

Pond fishing the grass....Cavitron Works !!!

Well it all started after reading a 100 posts about cavitron buzzbaits. So I went on eBay and bid on a lot of 4 1/8oz different colors and shades. I won them for $12 bucks and received them yesterday.

Pay attention to the one third from left, shad with red blade/red hook.

cavitron.jpg

Went out to my little pond here on base housing , first freaking cast nailed a nice one.

IMG00089.jpg

Second after reading Catt's suggestion to use Red Shad in clear water, I tied on the biggest red shad worm I had and got this little dink.

IMG00091.jpg

Then I was about to call it a day when I had a verious hit, check out the after photo of the buzzbait the bass almost destroyed it, he hit it so hard I thought it was at least a 5 lber. Ended up being 2lb

But bent it 90 degrees.

From the pic you can tell I add a little bit of a Zoom green pumpkin red finesse worm so I could get more distance and I think it actually helped.

IMG00093.jpg

IMG00092.jpg

IMG00095.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions and don't hesitate on Cavitron !!

Great fish, there is nothing like catching them on topwater.

A tip on keeping your buzzbaits from bending: Take a small rubber band (like the ones used for braces) and loop it around the R-bend of the wire several times (7x usually works). This will keep the knot from sliding up the wire when you are fighting a fish, so the wire won't bend out of shape.

Fished mine for the first time yesterday. Got four fish in about 45 minutes of fishing it. No size really. One fish was snagged right through the gut. Was a 7 inch fish. Not sure what happened there. Was fishing the 3/8 Black on black. Going to use the 1/4 next. They sure do squeel and squeek though.

Always great to catch a fish on 1st cast with new bait!

The Jake, thanks for the tip! And some folks say "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". HAH! ;)

As Ever,

skillet

Fished mine for the first time yesterday. Got four fish in about 45 minutes of fishing it. No size really. One fish was snagged right through the gut. Was a 7 inch fish. Not sure what happened there. Was fishing the 3/8 Black on black. Going to use the 1/4 next. They sure do squeel and squeek though.

Each of mine had good size around 2lbs, no big ones, but I do recomend the Ghost Minnow with a Red Blade. After I lost the d**n thing I went from a lot of hits down to one or two with the White Gold Blade. I don't know if its because of the Red Clacker, but it was money for me today. Great buy, just need to step it up to a bigger size. 1/8 oz too hard to cast far.