Sign in to follow this  
LakeAnnaBasser

2nd and 3rd place finishes

Sturgeon creek marina is holding sunday morning tournaments until the end of summer. Me and my dad fished the first two. In the first tournament we finished second with 5 fish for 11 pounds. in the second one we finished 3rd with five fish for 8 pounds. We just needed a big fish around 4 pounds and we could of won both. The tournaments are only 4 hours long so the weights dont get to big.In the first tournament i caught 4 of our five keepers on *** *** in watermelon red. (Thanks Brent) Just wanted to let yall know what ive been up to.

Hey LAB, you gotta let my dad and I in on how you fish that place one day if we can make it down. How much are the tourney fees? Maybe it would be worth doing one day to see what other guys are doing down there to catch consistent limits like that. Anna is always one or two fish anna for me. The most weight I've pulled in a day is my pb lol.

Good job man. I'm gonna have to check out some of those *** as my best friend Andy lives by them. It seems since they are different in nature than a lot of other plastics that they may be just the ticket for over pressured Lake Anna.

My dad and I normally launch at Sturgeon or Dukes and fish lower lake.  We have almost no experience upper lake.  Are most of your summer fish caught off main lakes or in large branches/coves outside of the channel and on tapering and or sharp drops?

I fish majority mid lake around the splits. Iin the morning we usually get fish shallow on top water. Just keep your trolling motor on high when doin that to cover alot of water. But when mid summer comes around we just go to brush pile in about 15 feet of water and hit those real good. Some are in smalle coves and main lake banks.