Sign in to follow this  
dickenscpa

TN Weather Conditions

My Bumble Bee runs like a top, gear is all in order and the conditions are crap. Took my son fishing this weekend (He's 6 yrs old) and I mainly launch in the Old Hickory Lake or Cumberland River offshoots. We've had some major rain this Spring. The first 3 ramps I went to, the courtesy dock was either sunk or the 15-20' walk way to get to the dock was under water.

Went to a 4th location that I hadn't been to in years, knew we wouldn't get bit, but at least me and little man would be in the boat together. Parking lot was 60% flooded. My back truck tires never touched the ramp when my boat came off the trailer. I get out and have 20' of rope hooked to the boat and I'm 70' from the dock.LOL!

I was able to park my truck in a way where I could get in and out without getting wet but my trailer was resting in a bit of water.

Didn't get a single bite but my son was able to practice his casting and something clicked and he got it. I call him MasterCaster now!

I fished two weeks ago and isolated stumps in 3-4' of water are now in the 8-12' of water range. ::)

At least you and your son got out on the water for a little while!  Seems like the water is always higher or lower than it should be, which throws a wrench in any "fishing knowledge" I have!

At least you and your son got out on the water for a little while! Seems like the water is always higher or lower than it should be, which throws a wrench in any "fishing knowledge" I have!

You're exactly right. I'd rather be with my son and/or wife than eat when I'm hungry. He's such a fun little boy. He's a little me, and I love me! LOL!

All the dirty diapers and spit up are forgotten when that little boy looks up at you and says, "You're the best Daddy in the world." and he means it.