Sign in to follow this  
texasoldtimer

Big Bass Tourney Strategy?

How much do you change your fishing style if you are only fishing for big bass? Bigger baits?  Deeper water?

Location and timing would be most important to me. LUCK would be the best thing that works for me though! LOL

Really all the elements dictate where, when and what to throw. What season it is would be the first thing I would take into consideration.

Also, I would recommend you leave out the "tourney" part of your topic and try reposting this under general bass fishing forum. You should get better input that way.

CJ

As Cj said, I think luck has a lot to do with catching "Trophy" Bass. Being at the right place at the right time.

This last week at road trip one day his boat got onto a ridiculous amount of fish one day and went back the next day and they were gone. Fish move in accordance with the weather and what is happening in the lake. You have to find them and search out for the big ones.

I have found that big fish will be located at that "perfect" spot. A ledge where deeper water surrounds, cover is abundant and lots of food. Once you find this pattern you will probably get into bigger fish.