Sign in to follow this  
Josh.

Great day on Lake, Norman

Theres nothing like sitting in the boat waiting to blast off in the morning! I was fishing at Lake, Norman fishing a little tournament for the FOM (fishers of men). I woke up at around 4:30 This moring to get ready. As some of you may know that the FLW tournament was at Lake, Norman this week also. Me and my dad had a great practice day, caught about 20 nice sized bass. So when we got on the water this morning we felt pretty good with ourselfs. We were throughing topwater spooks and poppers in the morning. the first cast a fish blows up on the popper, but he didnt get it all... So after about 2 more minutes i caught a little striper. Well, my dad was throughing a spook witch is my favorite bait. So i tied on a big spook looking for a big bass. My dad caught one as i was tieing on my spook. It was a 3lb spot! so we thought thats a good start. So i started to through my spook and WHAM! nice 2lb bass! As the day progressed the topwater bite went away. So we pick up a fluke and started to see them chase it all the way to the boat. So we slowed it down a bit and caught around 20 bass in 3 hours! We had our limit in 45 minutes! Ill cut to the end. At the weigh in we only had 8lbs. So we came 5th. But it was a blast! I saw scott martin there too! he was fishing some of the same banks we were fishing! So all in all it was fun! ;D