Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Felt Bad for the Guy

At a local pond in the evening of Friday, May 1, I was fishing a friend's dock and another guy was walking the shore.

He was not catching anything and told me he had messed up his bobber as he fished for crappie and did not get a bite since he arrived about an hour earlier.

So what did I do? I changed from fishing for bass and put on a white grub and within a minute I landed a beautiful 3/4 pound black crappie. In fact, it was on my third cast.

Of course I threw the fish back.

The guy was nice but I could tell he was sort of upset that I caught one so easy and he was getting skunked.

I left soon after and do not know if he ever caught anything.

I wish bass fishing was so easy.  :)

Instead of being upset, he should have asked you for some advice. I am sure you would have offered it and a few grubbs to go with it.

I would offered to give advice without being asked, very tactfully of course, as I would have with you on bass fishing, yes bass fishing is that easy. What you did when you switched from bass fishing to crappie was to upstage him and kick sand in his face.

I get as much joy out of watching someone else catch a nice fish as I do catching it myself, many times even better.

I hate that when somebody does it to me!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys, the guy never asked for help as he has fished the pond before.

His problem with with his bobber.

I just gave it a try to try my luck.

Friend and I try to protect the pond from guys who take the fish or trash it and we will continue to do so.  :)

i got to agree with sam, if guys load the box every time and keepem all I dont think i would offer much advise.