Sign in to follow this  
Fish Chris

How often do you have to be reminded ???

Okay, so a couple of weeks ago I went to place I use to fish a TON in the old days, and I absolutely smoked them. Very close to 40 bass, for 150 lbs total. All on the micro-light, and little crawdads. Whoo Hoo :-) Nothing huge... biggest was a 7.4 lb'er, but all kinds of legit 4's and 5's. I just had a blast.

I'm thinking, > Wow ! I guess I can still go their any time (just like I did years ago) and smoke them, "any time" I need a fish-catching fix.

So last week, I have a buddy who was going up there to stay for a week..... but he left some important equipment at home, so he calls me on his cell, and asks if I could fish up there the next day + bring him his stuff.

Well I'm thinking..... "Uhhhh.... well I could do my buddy a big favor + while I'm at it, go on and stick 30 or 40 nice bass on the micro-light again, right ?

WRONG ! I've never seen that place so stinking tough ! Even launched my boat on two parts of the lake. Caught 4 fish total.... biggest pushing 4 lbs !

Now, the thing is, you guys should know (I say so all the time) I get my butt kicked as much, or more than anyone > When I'm fishing specifically for giants < But that a totally different thing. I know leaving the house that my odds are slim, of catching anything at all.

On the other hand, here I am getting my butt kicked, at the place I go to for big numbers of "easy fish" !

Ain't that just a slap to the side of the head !

Don't you just love fishing ?  ;-)  LOL

Peace,

Fish

Chris, glad to see you're still like the rest of us every now and then ;D. Would agree with you but it's still kind of a crap shoot when I leave the house with all my gear :-[...

skillet  

That is a stinker.  Just goes to prove that the bass decide when tey want us to have a good day, not us.  I'm sure you'll slay them next time though.  

(BTW, when do I get to come out to Cali and catch some "small" 7.4 lbers?)

Just when you think you have it figured out the fish usually show you that you dont!  Ive always said that that particular lake can be one of the toughest there is even though its absolutely loaded with quality fish.

So you are human................................LOL, J/K!!!!!     ;)

I hate fishing right now... it's May, and I have yet to catch a LMB.

Couldn't catch the swine flu right now.