Sign in to follow this  
-FisherGal-

South Holston

Hey!  I am fishing a tournament this weekend at South Holston, with the rainfall we have had and the water levels now I feel like I might be lost this weekend.  Anybody been fishing there lately???? I will not get a chance to pre-fish because of games this week...any advice?

Stay home, it's called "The Dead Sea" for a reason.  

Seriously though the spawn is going full swing around here right now and you should still be able to find a few on beds.  Otherwise find where the beds were and then fish the first break line heading to deeper water.  There is a good rip rap wall around the 421 bridge that should be holding fish and directly across from the Washington County Park Ramp is where I have caught my best fish there.  The lake is near full pool for the first time in about 5 years and all the flooded brush will be a good place to start and throw a jig, RageCraw or Space Monkey.  

yeah i know where some brush piles are underwater....and some rock walls to fish.  

we fish there all the time but, not this full.  

i caught a 5 lb small mouth there...=) not too long ago.

it was nice.

thats when the water was down and all those rock by the girl scout camp were out of the water.  everyone says its the 'dead sea' but, i have always had a little luck there. maybe because it is the closest to us, but i guess you know that.