Sign in to follow this  
deadeye32.

Brookville Reservoir top 8

This weekend, we had our district top 8 at Brookville Reservoir and the conditions were not great.  The lake was pretty much flooded on Day 1 and the water looked like nestle quick up north.  (this lake is usually very clear for an Indiana reservoir).  We decided to target largemouths in the flooded shallows and had only 1 keeper each for myself and for my non-boater.  Well the fishing was tough overall with post-spawn conditions but we refused to give up until the last minute.  With about 15 minutes left to fish, we pulled up to our last area and saw a picknick table completely submurged in the water.  Guys had been running past and flipping that table all day with no luck.  I flipped my Paca craw behind the table into the flooded area and BAM.  4 pounder with 10 minutes remaining.  Threw her in the well and ended up day 1 in 3rd place and Big Bass.  The next day was a different story because they pulled water and the areas we were targeting were not flooded any more.  We decided to make a run and target smallmouths, but it was too late.  We both blanked, but fortunatley, so did half the feild, so I finished 7th overall and am moving on to regionals.  Great weekend on tough water.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/klimbach32/fish042.jpg

What the heck is it with picknick tables.  I also fished a tournamet this weekend in Indiana (different lake) with a picknick table.  Same conditions... very muddy high water... and upon pulling up to the table I missed a giant, caught a good keeper and a good 2.4 lber.  The rest of the shore was dead.   Hmmmmmmm  the classic left-over crumbs pattern.   :D

Good job!

Nice job!  I was on BL this past weekend too, pre-fishing for a tourny next weekend.  That storm front on Saturday morning muddied everything.  We managed about 5 each, with only 1 worth much.  

I can only imagine Sunday being miserable after that storm front.

Hey man,

Great job putting it together. I felt your pain on that lake a few weeks back.