Sign in to follow this  
bigtimfish

My disappointing trip

I took a trip with my father this past weekend and it was not as good as either of us planned. let me just say when we first started to go to this lake we had to get a rake and rake the grass away just so my kids could swim. good healthy thick grass. back in late feb early march they had to drain the lake to do repairs to the dam. it was not completley drained dry but enough to screw up my favorite parts. oh and thats pretty much spawn and pre spawn time around here. all of the grass that wasnt in the deepest part of that lake (about 17') was dead. :'( there is nothing to draw fish from the deeper water back to other sections of the lake. we caught a few cruising fish here and there, but nothing to brag about. we couldnt really fish those deeper parts too long because of all of the jet skiers and wake boarders. the fish were there stacked up like pancakes in the deep stuff we could only fish for about an hour before the rec skiers came out and ruined it for us. oh well it was still fun and always great to fish with my dad. i just wish we could have gotten on a few more bass. i blame the grass, or lack there of.