Sign in to follow this  
EastTexasBassin

Spro Frog

I had an unexpected attack on my bronzeye frog yesterday, I'm not sure if he wanted to eat it or make love to it.  This guy sure had me laughing.

(he was released unharmed)

Also caught some kind of bluegill/sunfish thing on my jig-n-hog. There's no way he could have fit the entire thing in his mouth. I don't know what he was thinking unless he was just trying to defend himself.

Oh, and I caught some bass yesterday too... :)

post-11232-130162991348_thumb.jpg

post-11232-130162991355_thumb.jpg

post-11232-130162991362_thumb.jpg

post-11232-13016299137_thumb.jpg

Is that strange looking fish a Warmouth? It has the body type but it's markings/colors are different than the ones I catch around here. I catch them a lot when fishing for bass.

Oh and that bass is a beauty.

That fish looks like a plain old rock bass to me although I have no knowledge if those are found in Texas. Nice frog ya got there too.

We stocked this little lake/pond with a type of hybrid sunfish year before last.  He may be one of those, but I'm not sure.  They looked quite plain as fry so I don't know.   This pond/lake is fed by a natural spring, and doesn't have any connection to another body of water.  There was already some type of sunfish in there, though, so who knows.  

That's weird about the frog and the plastic frog, but the fish looks like a mix between a bream and crappie.

You sure that wasn't a Horny Toad :D?  The hybrid looks like a rock bass or a goggle eye (bass/brim cross)(I think).  And very nice bass too.