Sign in to follow this  
Tokyo Tony

Trip to NH

I took my girlfriend up to NH last weekend for her birthday in order to do some hiking/fishing/relaxing, and I showed her my favorite little smallie lake. I've been getting her into fishing over the past few months, and she's definitely becoming addicted, which is nice :)

She had never caught a smallmouth before, and I assured her that she'd be 100% hooked once she caught a few.

We were just fishing from shore, wading around in some spots, throwing a variety of baits.

Her new PB largemouth (I showed her how to make the fish look bigger in the pic), below, was caught on a bone-white LC Pointer, and her biggest smallmouth of the weekend was caught on a t-rigged 3 inch brown senko.

One time, she set the hook into what she thought was a bigger fish, but it was a baby pickerel, and it flew out of the water, behind her, and almost hit me ;D

Enjoy the pics. I know I wouldn't mind being at that pond right about now...

post-10657-130162991883_thumb.jpg

post-10657-130162991889_thumb.jpg

post-10657-1301629919_thumb.jpg

Congrats to your GF.  It is much easier if the woman in your life is into fishing.

Kelley

She's using a gripper/scale, so it's not a grub, but part of the gripper (see second pic for a full view of the gripper/scale). I need to get her over her distaste of feeling the "sandpaper teeth". But for now, the gripper works fine :-)

Any chance you'll reveal the general location? I haven't been to N.H. in about 30 years, but I used to visit the N. Conway area. My grandfather had property there and I used to love spending time with him canoeing in the rivers.

She's using a gripper/scale, so it's not a grub, but part of the gripper (see second pic for a full view of the gripper/scale). I need to get her over her distaste of feeling the "sandpaper teeth". But for now, the gripper works fine :-)

You're lucky to have a girl who wants to fish with you...gripper or not!

:)