Sign in to follow this  
South FLA

Pre Storm Outing

My buddy Al, was able to get a permit to fish Lake Goodwin so I jumped at the chance.  I have been there twice this year and slayed them with my neighbor, catching 32 and 40 on the outings.  Anyway, we ended up going out yesterday, Thursday, and had to get off the water a bit early due to thunderstorms, but I was able to land a 6lb 2oz BERTHA, look how long she is, could have easily gone 7 1/2 during spawning.  

She hit a Strike King Sexy Shad colored Red Eye Shad,  I barely made two cranks of the reel handle before she hit it.  At first I thought I had a bowfin on by the way she was fighting until she reared her fat head near the surface.  She made two strong runs and made my buddy look like a patsy since he was too scared to land her, so I had to lip her treble hooked infested mouth carefully.  We only ended up catching 12 total with most in the 2 to 4lb range, nevertheless we had a great time!

post-7188-130162991917_thumb.jpg

Look's like some GREAT froggin' water!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, that's one hefty fish!!!!!!!!!!!  Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its actually open to anyone mondays and thursdays 9am to 4 pm. 2 boats maximum though

nice one my man!!!!!

gotta love the lunkers.......(others may have different opinions, but for me...... a lunker is any bass that is 5+ lbs..)

and that qualifies  8-)

its actually open to anyone mondays and thursdays 9am to 4 pm. 2 boats maximum though

Anyone that has a permit, Florida Fish and Wildlife Field office is located on premise and they have asked me for my permit number a couple of times. Also, when it floods or fire is close by, they shut down access.  Its also catch and release only, so no meat catchers  :P, unless your fishing for panfish.

Very good outing and catch.  Where is this place?