Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Having this much fun should be illegal

I went out today and just like always,everything starts out promising and calm,then when your on the water all H*ll breaks loose. Wind,Wind and More non stop wind,not a breeze either.I toughed it out and slammed fish like crazy with a Berkley 3 inch dropshot worm.

I was in all sorts of fish.Bass,Trout,Big Bluegill and Green Sunfish tore up my offerings. Most of the bass Were tiny,wouldnt even qualify as Dinks,these were Micro dinks. This lake is loaded with them. The funnest part about catching em is,they were all caught on an ultralight spinning combo with 4lb line.

I did manage 1 decent fish out of all of them,even though the fish would struggle to say it weighed 2 pounds,it felt really good on the Ultralight setup. Later,prior to me leaving the lake, I decided to try retrieving the Ultralight combo I had go in the water when my boat took on water and tipped me out.

I ended up with a successful salvage. Not only did I get my Ultralight setup back,but I also discovered I had lost my Diawa Millionaire and Medium heavy rod when the boat tipped, got it back too..Alls well that ends well. Im a happy camper once again

I went out today and just like always,everything starts out promising and calm,then when your on the water all H*ll breaks loose. Wind,Wind and More non stop wind,not a breeze either.I toughed it out and slammed fish like crazy with a Berkley 3 inch dropshot worm.

I was in all sorts of fish.Bass,Trout,Big Bluegill and Green Sunfish tore up my offerings. Most of the bass Were tiny,wouldnt even qualify as Dinks,these were Micro dinks. This lake is loaded with them. The funnest part about catching em is,they were all caught on an ultralight spinning combo with 4lb line.

I did manage 1 decent fish out of all of them,even though the fish would struggle to say it weighed 2 pounds,it felt really good on the Ultralight setup. Later,prior to me leaving the lake, I decided to try retrieving the Ultralight combo I had go in the water when my boat took on water and tipped me out.

I ended up with a successful salvage. Not only did I get my Ultralight setup back,but I also discovered I had lost my Diawa Millionaire and Medium heavy rod when the boat tipped, got it back too..Alls well that ends well. Im a happy camper once again

Oh, oh.  You might supplant Burley as the resident dinkmaster.

Alot of the Bass I caught were no larger than 6 inches. I dont care,its the best when you catch 10 or so and then a 1 or 2 pound fish comes and takes your offering on a ultralight rig. Getting into a mixed bag of fish is even more fun,you really have no idea of what your gonna catch at times.

This is where I caught the majority of the fish.

004-4.jpg

This is the Largest of the fish caught yesterday. Id say its pushing ohh say 2 lbs??

003-3.jpg

Oh, oh.  You might supplant Burley as the resident dinkmaster

I cant help that this lake has dinks stacked thick. Wish I could get into more quality fish,but....Ill take the dinks on an ultralight anyday.

man that things is fat. I'd be proud of it on light tackle. Do you try any heavier tackle for bigger fish?

Mottfia

I have all sorts of heavier tackle. At first I was catching the fish on a medium spinning rod and reel and decided since the fish were biting so much,I would down size to make it more of a challenge if I did catch a little larger fish. Also made th smaller fish feel a little bigger.

good to hear you got your gear back.  i just hooked into a rod and reel about a week ago.  I couldn't believe it when I pulled it up.  I figured the reel was shot but when I tryed to cast it across the canal it almost went the whole way acrossed so I guess I just got a new setup for the collection.

A guy I helped tow in a few weeks ago gave me a baitcaster setup he fished up from the bottom of the lake that day. The rod was an old Pistol grip style,and the guides were shot,so it went into the trash. The reel was an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur Max Lite. I took it apart,cleaned it up and it works well. Sounds a bit noisy on the cast,so I think it might need some new lube.