Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Wife wants me to show off her catch

Went out yesterday with the wife and she had a blast. She LOVES fishing. We both caught a mixed bag of Bass,Bluegill,Trout and Green Sunfish on 3 inch Berkley Dropshot worms wacky rigged on Ultralight combos.

Nothing really of size,however my wife did hook into a decent Green Sunfish. She didnt want to pose with it so she gave me the opportunity. I will not take credit for it though. Doesnt look like much but for a Green Sunfish this fish was a monster.

Im telling you these fish are HIGHLY aggressive, When they strike at an offering,They hit it and run. They dont peck at it or toy with it. Sometimes they hit so fast you dont have time to react.They also fight very well and are probably some of the most beautifully colored fish that can be caught.

If youve never caught a Green Sunfish,get some Ultralight rigs going and have some fun. Shellcrackers(Redear) are another that grow VERY large and fight very well.

010-2.jpg

largeside.jpg

greenie.jpg

mouth.jpg

So who is doing the replica mount? LOL, I couldn't help myself man! CONGRATS TO THE OL' LADY!!!!!!!!

I had one of those hit a buzz bait one time and was very suprised at how hard it hit.

It is fun going after the smaller stuff every once in a while. 8-)

Just went through some photos I had and heres one my Stepson caught a few years back. This one was really big!!

post-1747-130162992293_thumb.jpg

i caught one of those on a trick worm today but i didnt hook him the hook just got jammed in his mouth somehow and i brought him to the boat lol

WTG AA and congratulations to your lovely wife......Nice to see that she loves fishing as much as you  

Now that's a real Fathers Day gift right there  ;)

Big O

www.ragetail.com

I can't wait to go to NC and catch these at lake junaleska and lake twitty. They're a friggin' blast on ultralites i like 'em better than bluegills.