Sign in to follow this  
mrlitetackle

Lunker Lake, and 2 GREAT bass......... what a day!!!!!

its been a few days to say the least since ive been on the forums here....... as life has been beating me down lately...

but i finally got all loose ends tied up and decided to do some fishing today....... the spot, "lunker lake" of course...... the best honey hole around where im the only fishing pressure!!!!! ;)

i caught these back to back this morning at around 9-10 am....

the first weighed in at 8 lbs on the dot, and was quite the battler.

the second was in the high 4's to low 5's i assume (i didnt bother to actually weigh that one). and was quite scrappy as well.

needless to say, im happy....... it was a great day for some fishin!!!!! :)

post-20421-130162992478_thumb.jpg

post-20421-130162992484_thumb.jpg

Sweet fish! Nice looking spot too :)

Florida strain rulez man. Lived there for three years and it was great. Good fish and locale.

Rand

Looks like a nice lake. Great fish as well! Were you using live bait, I see a bobber in that picture.

Posted by: M and M Fishing      Posted on: Today at 2:51pm

Looks like a nice lake. Great fish as well! Were you using live bait, I see a bobber in that picture.

yup....... large wild shiners, and its a good thing too....

they were really finicky today, between my pal and i, we caught about 15 fish this morning.......

and only two were on artificials.

Everytime I read the Lunker Lake report I turn green with ***.  Feel free to pm me the coordinates, I won't tell anyone.   ;)  ;)

Man your 8 pounder has a monstrous head.  That would be a real beast in the spawn.  Good job bud.  

Posted by: chuck aluck      Posted on: Today at 6:38pm

Everytime I read the Lunker Lake report I turn green with ***.  Feel free to pm me the coordinates, I won't tell anyone.

i love this spot, and the fact that me and my pal are the only one's that i have ever seen fishing it........(and we keep our mouths shut, for good reason ;))

i tell ya what.......

if i ever move out of the orlando area for good, i will hold a free raffle for the coordinates to the amazing untouched fishery that "lunker lake" is......(because, honestly.... if i cant fish it...... someone who is worthy needs to!!)

d**n straight.  I wouldn't tell a soul and would travel incognito every time.  

It aint just the hole. It still takes skill to catch them. Very nice fish you got ther. I would recomend keeping some smaller ones for dinner. Those big fish all look just a little thin with big heads. That 8 looks like it could carry another pound or 2 on that frame. Love the reports!

BRO... we gotta get our trip planned!

Posted by: Mattlures      Posted on: Today at 5:00am

It aint just the hole. It still takes skill to catch them. Very nice fish you got ther. I would recomend keeping some smaller ones for dinner. Those big fish all look just a little thin with big heads. That 8 looks like it could carry another pound or 2 on that frame. Love the reports!

thank you.

and i have found that many of the larger bass (5+lbs) that come from this pond seem to be under fed (probably about 70 percent or so, while the remainder are nice and fat).