Sign in to follow this  
duncast48TN

species

Ok First off I know this may not be posted in the right forum but I thought more people would see it here. I caught a fish I cant ID. IT was about 14" long. Slender,somewhat like a sauger. yellow,orangey fins, 3 dark verticle bars on its side,mouth is round about 1-2" dia., no teeth. Caught it on a jig crappie fishin. Sorry no pix. Thank you. ANy fish ID websites? :o 8)

It's hard to tell by the description of the fish.  I would try looking on a state website.  Minnesota's is the Department of Natural Resources.  They usually have pictures of the fish that can help you out.  

Well if you were fishing in Pa. I'd say you got a white sucker. We get many of them on jigs, especially in the cool water months.  but without a photo, we're just guessing

yeah it sounded like a perch to me too

That is a big perch, could be. It might be a creek chub. i caught one once in my local lake

Ok First off I know this may not be posted in the right forum but I thought more people would see it here. I caught a fish I cant ID. IT was about 14" long. Slender,somewhat like a sauger. yellow,orangey fins, 3 dark verticle bars on its side,mouth is round about 1-2" dia., no teeth. Caught it on a jig crappie fishin. Sorry no pix. Thank you. ANy fish ID websites? :o 8)

Sounds somewhat like a perch (a very good one), but a perch has more than three vertical bars. But the round mouth sounds more like a sucker than a perch. You might try a search for the fishes of your state and maybe something will look familiar.