Sign in to follow this  
Bassfisher01

Got a question for all u out there. Please Help!

I got pond I go to and its about an acre and there is a 9-10 foot deep spot. I want to put some Bass in there but I don't know.    Please let me hear your thoughts.    Thank you!    Bass fishing is the best thing there is!!

Welcome to the site. I know very little about pond management but it would seem to me that bass might already be in there. Before doing  ANYTHING be sure to check with the owner about putting fish in there.

There is many articles on this site. go to fishing articles and go to fish and lake management.

I have a small pond that we stocked with bass bluegill and catfish several years ago.  There are plenty of fish still there.  I think we may have over stocked because we have not caught any "good" 4 or 5 pounders that we put in there.  However the bluegill and catfishing is great!  A great place to take the little ones to catch the bluegill the will bit as fast as you can put bait on.  Most of the bass we now catch are anywhere from 1.5 to 3 lb.  Good luck with your pond.  

Is the pond public or private? Either way, I'd check with the owners/authorities to find out if it would be legal and/or advisable.

pro-295, are there any good sized cats in the pond? Maybe those cats could be eating the bass. I know that they can be very aggressive. My friend used to have three small catfish in an aquarium. One was abouat a half a poun, the second a bit smaller, and the third was a runt compared to the other two. The two bigger fish would attack the small one, often biting off it's tail. The tail would grow back and they'd bite it off again. Eventually bones were showing. It was an example of how aggressive they could be. Maybe the cats are chowing down on bass meat?